Physical therapy benefits persons of all ages who are limited to moving and functioning by medical ailments, illnesses, or injuries.
A customized physical therapy program can support individuals in regaining their pre-injury level of function and promoting activities and lifestyle modifications that can help prevent further injury and enhance overall health and well-being.
Primary care physicians frequently recommend physical therapy at the first sign of a problem, as it is considered a conservative approach to issue management. Are you wondering why physical treatment is so critical? Listed below are ten ways it could serve you:
1. Reduce or remove discomfort. Manual therapy mobilizes joints and soft tissues through ‘hands-on treatment techniques. Manual therapists apply pressure to muscle tissue and manipulate joints with their hands. Additionally, such therapies can help avoid the recurrence of pain.
2. Attempt to avoid surgery. If physiotherapists successfully relieve pain or heal an injury, surgery may not be necessary. Furthermore, even if surgery is needed, you may benefit from pre-operative physical therapy. In any condition, if you go into surgery more forcefully and in better form, you will recover more quickly. Additionally, avoiding surgery lowers health care expenses.
3. Heal from a stroke. Following a stroke, it is common to lose some function and movement—physical therapy aids in strengthening weakened body parts and improving gait and balance. Physical therapists can also help stroke patients improve their ability to transfer and move around in bed, allowing them to be more independent around the house and reduce their burden of care for toileting, bathing, dressing, and other daily living activities.
4. Increase your mobility. Physical therapy can assist you if you have difficulty standing, walking, or moving, regardless of your age. Stretching and strengthening activities might improve you in regaining your mobility. By adjusting an individual care plan, physical therapists can properly fit individuals with a cane, crutches, or other assistive devices or determine if an orthotic prescription is necessary; any significant activity in any individual’s life can be practiced and adapted to get sure maximum performance and safety.
5. Chronic Disease Management. Of course, medications are necessary for treating chronic medical conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, and lung disease – but did you know that physical therapy could also be beneficial? For example, the right combination of aerobic and strengthening exercises can help manage blood sugar. Physical therapists can also teach breathing exercises. While therapy will not replace the need for medication, the better your body is in, you will cope with chronic symptoms.
6. Chronic Pain Management. Not every injury causes sharp or acute pain. Physical therapy can also help with dull or chronic pain. Exercises can help with conditions such as sciatica, tendonitis, and lumbago. When pain strikes, you’ll know what to do to lessen its severity. Learning proper stretching and strength exercises may help you reduce your reliance on pain medications.
7. Recover from or avoid sustaining a sports injury. PT is aware of how various sports can raise your chance of suffering from specific sorts of injuries (such as stress fractures for long runners). They can assist you in developing proper rehabilitation or prevention exercise regimens to guarantee a safe return to your sport.
8. Control diabetes and vascular disease. When combined with other diabetes management strategies, exercise can effectively control blood sugar. Additionally, patients with diabetes may experience difficulties with their feet and legs’ sensations. Physical therapists can help and educate these patients about adequate foot care to avoid future complications.
9. Enhance your balance and avoid falling. When you begin physical therapy, you will undergo a fall risk assessment. If you are at a high risk of falling, your therapist will prescribe exercises that gently and safely stress your balance to simulate real-world scenarios. Additionally, therapists assist you in improving coordination and utilizing assistive equipment to facilitate safer walking. Physical therapists can execute specialized maneuvers when a vestibular system impairment causes a balance problem to quickly restore normal vestibular function and decrease or eliminate dizzy or vertigo symptoms.
10. Manage difficulties associated with aging. Individuals may acquire arthritis, osteoporosis, or require joint replacement as they age. Physical therapists are experienced in serving patients with joint replacement recovery and conservative management of arthritic or osteoporotic disorders.
11. Women’s health and other conditions are managed. Women have unique health challenges, including pregnancy and postpartum care. Physical therapists can provide specialist care for women’s health difficulties. Additionally, physical therapy can be used to treat urinary incontinence, bowel incontinence, breast cancer, constipation, fibromyalgia, lymphedema, male pelvic health, pelvic discomfort, and bowel incontinence.
12. Manage heart and respiratory illness. While patients may complete cardiac rehabilitation following a heart attack or surgical surgery, they may also get physical therapy if their everyday functioning is compromised. Physical therapy can help patients with pulmonary difficulties improve their quality of life via strengthening, conditioning, and breathing exercises and by assisting patients in clearing fluid from the lungs.
Each individual’s rationale for seeking physical therapy is unique. Chennai BEST physiotherapists will customize your treatment plan to address your particular injury prevention. They are related to recovery, management, or prevention of injury.
When you book a consultation, we’ll conduct a complete examination of your present state of health. We identify the source of your problem, ensuring that your treatment is tailored to your specific needs and symptoms. We’ll spend time getting to know you—your schedule, lifestyle, and degree of commitment to therapy. Our lives are not always picture-perfect. We operate within reasonable constraints.
Additionally, we understand how valuable your relationship with your therapist is during your rehabilitation. Typically, our VRG Healthcare customers engage with a single physiotherapists throughout their treatment. Consistency is critical. Your therapist will track your progress and identify any setbacks. You must establish trust, which requires engaging with the same therapist for an extended period.
At our facility, we provide a wide variety of equipment and activities. We have everything you could need right here. It is your physical treatment, and we are devoted to ensuring effectiveness.
Learn more about physiotherapists A Magical, One-of-a-Kind, Holistic Approach to Health and Wellness, which has facilities in Chennai—or phone 996.222.7555.